Altus 825E Alto Flute
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Minimum Three-Year Warranty
We aim to offer the best possible value for our products, taking into account our comprehensive choice, Perfect Performance Plan, service levels and expertise. Learn More/Price Match
- 819E - Curved headjoint (standard keywork). The Series 19 alto flutes feature a physically accommodating hand and arm position for players who prefer additional comfort. These models are easy to balance and very ergonomic. The special Altus curved headjoints have been designed to perform easily in tune, and they are hand cut in such a manner to support colourful tone and expressive articulation.
- 821E - Straight and curved headjoints (standard keywork). The traditional design of the Series 21 Alto flute, used for many years, provides the performer the choice of straight and curved headjoints. Versatile in usage, this combination is suitable for settings and institutions where there are multiple players.
- 825E - Straight headjoint, with ergonomic left-hand keywork. The Series 25 provides a customised left hand mechanical configuration that facilitates a natural left arm position similar to holding a concert flute. As a result, there is less neck strain to play a straight alto flute. Another beneficial feature resulting from this ergonomic design is a reduced necessity to stretch the right wrist and hand. The lower keys on the footjoint are easier to reach and operate.
Altus flutes are held in the very highest esteem by professional players and technicians the world over. Founded by master flute maker Shuichi Tanaka, each Altus flute reflects his passion to produce the finest playing flutes available.
Altus models offer discerning flautists a choice of harmonically tuned and elegant sounding instruments capable of consistently executing technical passages with ease. The many possible combinations of options enable the player to exact a wide range of tone colours.
At the leading edge of contemporary flute making, Altus have developed and introduced density-sensitive materials to the flute market, including .958 Britannia. All Altus flutes come as standard with the accurate William Bennett (WIBB) scale, a responsive and durable mechanism, and a precisely hand-cut headjoint, customised for each flute. Altus flutes appeal to the player who has a classical approach to tone and wants a unique flute that is different from conventional offerings.
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Leather-bound wood case
- Carry bach with shoulder strap and side pocket
- Microfibre cleaning cloth
- Inner cleaning gauze
- Perspex cleaning rod with clear and precise headjoint cork markings