VAT assisted purchases
Many schools and Local Education Authorities (LEAs) offer an Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme (AIPS). This enables parents of pupils at these schools to purchase an instrument at the ex-VAT price, saving a considerable sum.
Do You Qualify for VAT Assisted Purchase?
Please contact your school or LEA to check if you are eligible. We can deal directly with any authority. Generally:
- The student must be in full-time education at a Local Education Authority (LEA) school
- The student must be having lessons at the school from a LEA-employed teacher
- The VAT Assisted Purchase scheme is not available to students learning outside of school, or those at Private or Grant Maintained schools
Please note: eligibility criteria are set by the school or LEA. Any queries regarding eligibility should be directed to the school or LEA.
How To Buy via the Scheme:
- The student chooses an instrument from our range
- The parent places an order with the school or LEA, stating the instrument, supplier (Jonathan Myall Music) and ex-VAT price
- VAT is at 20%. To calculate the ex-VAT price of an instrument, divide its inc-VAT price by 1.2
- The parent pays the school or LEA the ex-VAT price, plus any administration fee that the schoolor LEA may charge
- The school/LEA places an order with us for the required instrument
- We despatch the instrument to the school or LEA, for collection by the parent or student