At Jonathan Myall Music, we are committed to protecting your privacy and to developing technology that gives you the most powerful and secure online experience. You can travel through most of our site without giving us any information about yourself. But sometimes we do need information to provide services that you request, and this statement of privacy explains data collection and use in those situations.
Collecting your Personal Information
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you ("personal information") or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you are contacting us via the Web site or applying to attend our course. Personal information collected by Jonathan Myall Music is often limited to email address, language, country or location, but may include other information.
For example, if you place an order online, we will request personal information such as name, address, telephone number, credit card details and other personal information. Telephone numbers are required should we need to contact you about your order. We do not contact customers by telephone for marketing purposes.
When you place an order online, Jonathan Myall Music give you the option to 'register' an account. By registering, we will store your personal information. When you next place an online order, you can 'log in' and thereby avoid entering your personal information more than once.
Use of your Personal Information
Jonathan Myall Music will not disclose your personal information to any third parties except when we are required to do so by law, or in the good faith or belief that such action is necessary to:
- (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Jonathan Myall Music;
- (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Jonathan Myall Music, and
- (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Jonathan Myall Music, its Web sites, or the public.
Control of your Personal Information
When you make a purchase or otherwise give us personal information, Jonathan Myall Music will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed.
Jonathan Myall Music never allows other companies to offer our customers information about their products and services, by postal mail, telephone, fax, email or SMS.
Access to your Personal Information
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. You may update this information at any time by logging in to your account.
Security of your Personal Information
Jonathan Myall Music strictly protects the security of your personal information and honours your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information will be stored and processed in the United Kingdom only.
No one, other than our authorised staff, can see or edit your personal information.
Please read our Security Policy for further information.
Protection of Children’s Personal Information
We do not publish content that is targeted to children. Obviously, if your child places an order online we will store their information. We will not store details of their age.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices. eu. For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below.
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or logging-in, cannot be provided.
The following cookies used on this website fall in to this category:
- PHPSESSID This cookie identifies your session and are necessary for you to be able to log in and place orders.
- X-Mapping-randomletters These cookies identify your session to a Traffic Management Server so it knows which data to send you. They are necessary to the correct operation of the website; they are encrypted and not reversible by any third party.
- cookieComplianceShown This cookie is saved on your computer so that our website knows you have seen the Cookie Compliance message.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
These cookies are first party cookies and begin with _utm.
Category 3: functionality cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
The following cookies fall in to this category:
- cookiesEnabledCheck We use this cookie to see if your computer is set up to receive cookies. If it isn't, we may serve you different content.
- cookieComplianceShown This cookie is set once we have shown you the cookie message, in compliance with the EU cookie law.
- currency This cookie stores your preferences of which currency to display prices in
- layout We use this cookie to save your category viewing preferences
- ui-tabs-[x] On certain pages, like your account, this cookie remembers which 'tab' you last looked at, and takes you back there next time you visit that page.
- HelpfulReviews This cookie discourages uses from voting reviews as helpful more than once.
- InapReviews This cookie discourages users from marking a review as inappropriate more than once.
- socialHide This cookie is set when you hide the social network box on a page, so that it doesn't show it again.
Our blog sets the following different cookies:
- yourusername To enable you to remain logged in
- A double hashed copy of your password To enable you to remain logged in.
- comment_author To make commenting more convenient, this cookie remembers your name.
- comment_author_email To make commenting more convenient, this cookie remembers your email address.
- comment_author_url To make commenting more convenient, this cookie remembers your website address.
Category 4: targeting cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
These types of cookies are served by the following third party websites:
- Facebook via their 'Like' and 'Comments' plug-ins
- Twitter via their 'Tweet' button
- Google via the 'Google +1' button, maps; Google translate tools; and Adwords
- Spotify via the Play Button
In particular, Google may place a cookie on your computer to serve our ads based on past visits to our website. This is known as remarketing, and you can opt out of it using Google's Ad settings.
Further information on cookies
We use Google Analytics to analyse how users interact with our website. By studying aggregated statistics, we can see which parts of our website work well and which need improvement. Actions you take on the website are sent to Google for use in the Google Analytics software. This information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It cannot be used to identify you.
Non-exhaustive examples of data that is sent to Google Analytics:
- How you came to the website (such a link you clicked on or a search term you typed in to Google)
- The type of web browser you use, the screen resolution and whether it supports Flash
- Your country
- How long you spent on the website, and pages you visited while on the website
- How quickly our website loaded
- Actions you took while on the website, such as 'Liking' a page on Facebook, emailing us, writing a review or making a purchase
Non-exhaustive examples of data that is not sent to Google Analytics:
- Personally identifiable information (name, address, telephone number, email address, Facebook account, IP address)
- Financial information (credit card numbers, bank account numbers)
Changes to this Policy
Jonathan Myall Music welcomes your comments and questions regarding this policy. Please contact us or write to us:-
Jonathan Myall Music
46 South End
Jonathan Myall Music are registered under the provisions of the 1998 Data Protection Act and our registration number is Z7387441.