Privacy and Cookies
Personal Information we may Collect
We collect the minimum amount of information to perform our services: our key services are listed below:
- Contacting us We will ask you for your name along with your email address or phone number so that we can respond to your message.
- Creating an account We give you the option to create an account, which stores your personal information to allow you to check out quickly. We do not store your payment details.
- Teacher Directory, Events, Ensembles We offer these advertising services free of charge. Any information you enter (except your email address) may be shown publicly on the Internet, so we are unable to prevent or control further use of this information. Please bear this in mind when sharing any information about yourself. You are able to delete this information at any time, when your information will be removed from our website but may remain available on users' devices if they have saved it.
Use and Retention of your Personal Information
In addition to providing our services as outlined above, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- We may share your phone number and email address with a delivery company in order that they can send you tracking emails and order updates.
- With your consent, we may send you email newsletters with products and news which we believe may interest you. We may share your past order activity with third parties to produce targeted content.
- With your consent, we may share your details with third parties that provide services which may be relevant to items you have purchased.
- If you have added items to your basket and (i) are signed in or (ii) have entered an email address, but have not checked out, we may send you an email reminding you to complete your order.
- Keep you informed with changes to the website which may affect you or the use of our service.
Except as detailed above, we won't share your personal information with any third parties except in the following circumstances:
- When we may be required to do so by law
- When we believe that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Jonathan Myall Music; protect and defend the rights or property of Jonathan Myall Music
- act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Jonathan Myall Music, its websites, or the public.
Accessing and Changing your Personal Information
Security of your Personal Information
We strictly protect the security of your personal information and honour your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. We store your information on servers located in the United Kingdom, and no-one other than our authorised staff can see or edit your personal information.
Please read our Security Policy for further information.
Protection of Children’s Personal Information
We do not publish content that is targeted to children. Obviously, if your child places an order online we will store their information. We will not store details of their age.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org and the Information Commissioner's Office.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the cookies used on this website by category is set out below.
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or logging-in, cannot be provided.
The following cookies used on this website fall in to this category:
- jfsessid This cookie identifies your session and is necessary for you to be able to do basic tasks on our website such as add items to your basket, sign in and place orders.
Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to make decisions on improving how our website works.
These cookies are first party cookies and begin with _ga or optimizely.
Category 3: functionality cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
The following cookies fall in to this category:
- basket This cookie tells the website what items are in your basket.
- cookiesEnabledCheck We use this cookie to see if your computer is set up to receive cookies. If it isn't, we may serve you different content.
- cookieComplianceShown This cookie is set once we have shown you the cookie message, in compliance with the EU cookie law.
- currency This cookie stores your preferences of which currency to display prices in.
- layout We use this cookie to save your category viewing preferences
- login_email This cookie is used to store your email address so that the sign-in page is pre-populated with your email login.
- ui-tabs-[x] On certain pages, like your account, this cookie remembers which 'tab' you last looked at, and takes you back there next time you visit that page.
- HelpfulReviews This cookie discourages uses from voting reviews as helpful more than once.
- InapReviews This cookie discourages users from marking a review as inappropriate more than once.
- MCEvilPopupClosed This cookie is set when you have closed our Email Newsletter subscription pop-up, to prevent it popping up on each page visit.
Our blog sets the following different cookies:
- yourusername To enable you to remain logged in
- A double hashed copy of your password To enable you to remain logged in.
- comment_author To make commenting more convenient, this cookie remembers your name.
- comment_author_email To make commenting more convenient, this cookie remembers your email address.
- comment_author_url To make commenting more convenient, this cookie remembers your website address.
Category 4: targeting and remarketing cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
These types of cookies are served by the following third party websites:
- Facebook via their 'Like' and 'Comments' plug-ins, and the 'Facebook Pixel' remarketing tag
- Twitter via their 'Tweet' button
- Google via Adwords, Google Plus and maps
- Spotify via the Play Button
In your Web browser, you can disable cookies entirely or just from this website. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies, you will still be able to view the website, but many features may not work as expected and you will not be able to place an order. You can opt out of a third party vendor's use of Targeting and Remarketing cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.
Further information on cookies
Aggregated Data shared with Third Parties
We use third party tools, including Google Analytics and Optimizely, to analyse how users interact with our website. By studying aggregated statistics, we can see which parts of our website work well and which need improvement. While data on actions you take on our website may be sent to the third party, it is totally anonymous and cannot be used to identify you.
Some examples of the type of data that may be sent to Google Analytics:
- How visitors came to the website (such as a link they clicked on or a search term they typed in to Google).
- The type of web browser that users use, the screen resolution and whether it supports Flash.
- How long users spent on the website, and pages they visited while on the website.
- How quickly our website loaded.
- Actions users took while on the website, such as emailing, making a purchase or writing a review.
- Actions that user made across multiple devices.
Some examples of the type of data that is not sent to Google Analytics:
- Personally identifiable information (user id, name, address, telephone number, email address, Facebook account, IP address).
- Financial information (credit card numbers, bank account numbers).
- Pages you viewed on external websites.
Changes to this Policy
From time to time, as our services evolve, we may update this Policy. You agree that we may notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a notice on the website. We will also update the 'Last Updated' date on this page. Please check the website frequently for updates.
We welcome your comments and questions regarding this policy. Please contact us or write to us:-
Jonathan Myall Music
46 South End
Jonathan Myall Music are registered under the provisions of the 1998 Data Protection Act and our registration number is Z7387441.