30-Day Returns Period
We offer a generous 30-day no-hassle returns period on items purchased through our website or over the phone.
Within 14 calendar days, you can return items for a full refund. Within 30 days, you can return items in exchange for other items.
If you would like to return an item for any reason, please contact us for a Returns Number (RN). You will need to return the item(s) to us, so that we receive it within a further 14 days of being given this RN. We will process your refund or exchange within 14 days of receipt of the returned item.
We will also refund your original delivery cost, except: if you chose to to have the goods delivered by more expensive means than the cheapest standard delivery option offered to you, we will refund the cost of the cheapest delivery option which you could have chosen.
If the item is faulty or incorrectly supplied, we will send you a pre-paid returns label. We regret that in cases where the item was correctly supplied and not faulty, we are unable to offer a prepaid return, and you will be responsible for the return cost.
If an item (including its packaging) is returned in a condition different to when it was sent out, we may at our discretion make a reasonable deduction to account for the fact that we are no longer able to sell it at full price. Returned items are your responsibility until they reach us, so make sure they're packed up properly and can't get damaged on the way.
We don't accept returns for unwanted items after the relevant returns period above. If you try to make a return, we may have to send it back to your default delivery address and ask you to cover the delivery costs.
Exclusions apply: please see below.
We are unable to accept returns from outside the EU apart from on faulty goods. VAT (sales tax) and duty are charged by UK Customs upon re-entry to the UK, and we are unable to subsequently reclaim these. In addition, the buyer's import duties and fees (imposed by the buyer's Customs office) are non-refundable. Hence, sales outside the EU are on a firm order basis only.
If an item appears faulty on delivery, you must inform us at the earliest opportunity, and within three working days of receipt. Please keep all packaging materials in case this should be needed by our insurers. Please note: failure to inform us within three working days of receiving a damaged item may render you liable for associated repair charges.
We will assess faulty items upon their return and may at our discretion offer a repair or replacement, except in the case of faulty sheet music, when we will replace the item.
Due to COVID-19 and the length of time it takes to fully sanitise a returned instrument, we regret that we are introducing a restocking fee of £25 on woodwind and brass instruments to cover our costs. This will be charged in the form of a reduction of your refund by this amount.
Some products and circumstances are excluded from this returns policy:
- You can try an item in your own home, as you would in a shop - however, we do not allow our items to be used in a gig and then returned. This not only puts a lot of strain on a new instrument, it's also super cheeky!
- Items which include downloadable content are non-returnable
- Items which have been customised, adjusted, manufactured or ordered to your specifications are non returnable.
- For hygiene reasons, the following items can not be returned:
- Reeds in unsealed packaging
- Recorders and ocarinas
- Nuvo Flutes, Toots and Doods
- Native American-style flutes, bansuri, shakuhachi and other instruments with an untreated wood bore
- Tin whistles
- Jewellery items such as ear-rings
- Items subject to wear and tear such as strings cannot be returned unless sealed.
- Items purchased under a Finance Agreement can be returned within 14 days - however the extended 30-day returns period will not apply.
- Items on a Rental agreement are not included on this returns policy.
- Our in-store returns policy is different and is available to view in the shop.
If we suspect that a customer is taking advantage (in the wrong way) of our generous returns policy, we reserve the right to blacklist them and any associated accounts.
Please note, we reserve the right to take legal action against you if the items you return don't match what you ordered.