Powell .925 Conservatory Flute
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
- Purchase price: £7,650.00
- Deposit: £765.00
- Amount of credit: £6,885.00
- 6 monthly payments of: £1,147.50
- Total repayable: £7,650.01
- Duration of agreement: 6 months
- Rate of interest (fixed): 0.0%
- Representative APR: 0.0%
UK residents only, age restrictions apply. Credit is provided subject to status. Credit is provided by external finance companies as determined by Just Flutes.
The Powell .925 Conservatory flute (previously the 2100) has amazing projection and clarity of sound over the range of the flute, with a large dynamic range. Powell Handmade Conservatory models are lighter and offer less resistance than the comparable Handmade Custom model.
- Philharmonic cut: A traditional cut, capable of broad dynamic ranges, and creating a deep rich tone with extraordinary carrying power and focus.
- Soloist: Open and free in the top octave, rich and deep in the middle and bottom octaves, with great projection and flexibility.
- Venti: A very colourful and rich headjoint designed in conjunction with Paul Edmund Davies. It is open, has a large dynamic range, and possesses an especially free high register.
In 1916, Verne Powell joined the Wm. S. Haynes Company to make wooden flutes and piccolos. By 1926, Powell was the shop foreman at Haynes and was running much of the business. Later that year, he left Haynes to make his own flutes. In 1927, Verne Q. Powell Flutes, Inc. was incorporated at 265 Huntington Drive in Boston, Massachusetts. In 1961, Powell sold his company to four employees who ran the company until 1984 when two employees, Jim Phelan and Rob Viola, became the owners. In 1986 Steven Wasser bought the shares belonging to Mr. Viola and gained controlling ownership. Jim Phelan left the company in 1989 to pursue other interests, and Mr. Wasser became the full owner. Each Powell flute has a unique character, yet all bear a family resemblance. They are made with care to exacting tolerances. Ultimately, a Powell flute is crafted to a high musical performance standard.
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Fully handmade .925 solid headjoint, body and mechanism
- Custom headjoint, with choice of cut: Philharmonic, Soloist or Venti
- Drawn tone holes
- 10k white gold springs
- French-style 'pointed' key-arms
- Straubinger pads
- E ring as standard, with the option to upgrade this to an E mechanism on the offset model
- Open holes as standard, which can be converted to closed holes using Powell PlugOs
- Includes leather-bound wood case, leather case cover and maintenance materials
- Also available in 9k Aurumite
Item DetailsManufacturer: Powell
Category: Conservatoire Flutes
Fair Price Pledge
We aim to offer the best possible value for our products, taking into account our comprehensive choice, quality of service and expertise. Sometimes, though, we may be able to beat our web prices: please call us on 020 8662 8400 to discuss your requirements.