Yamaha YFL-500 Series Flute (YFL-517, YFL-577, YFL-587)
£2414 Free UK Shipping
Yamaha’s new 5, 6 and 7 series flutes set new standards for musicality, craftsmanship and expression.
Inspired by Yamaha’s handmade gold and silver flutes, this new series of flutes benefits from the technical knowledge of some of the most gifted artisans in the world whose understanding of the flute comes from working closely with some of the finest flutists in the world.
There have been a number of significant improvements made to the new instruments. The new Type AM headjoint opens up huge opportunities for musicality that brings Yamaha’s professional flutes to the forefront.
These phenomenal instruments give flute players the musical capabilities that you would only expect to hear from a handmade instrument.
- New Type AM headjoint: provides high degree of freedom for musical expression. The new Type AM headjoint was developed together with Yamaha's 800 and 900 series handmade flute. It features a well balanced resistance over the whole range and enables the flutist to produce a colourful sound in a wide dynamic spectrum.
- Sound Annealing: a special heat treating process for a quicker, more lively response
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- .925 solid Type AM headjoint
- Silver-plated body and mechanism
- French-style Pointed key-arms
- Drawn tone holes
- Three models available: YFL 517, YFL 577 & YFL 587. See below for model specifics.
- Includes case, case cover and cleaning accessories
- Open-hole models also include a set of plastic plugs
- 2-year Yamaha warranty
Item DetailsManufacturer: Yamaha
Category: Intermediate Flutes
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
Fair Price Pledge
We aim to offer the best possible value for our products, taking into account our comprehensive choice, quality of service and expertise. Sometimes, though, we may be able to beat our web prices: please call us on 020 8662 8400 to discuss your requirements.