Vandoren Leather Alto Saxophone Ligature & Cap
- Leather ligature for alto saxophone
- Fits most ebonite mouthpieces
- Choice of plastic or leather cap
- Includes three interchangeable pressure plates to subtly modify your sound
An easy-to-fit Velcro system makes changing the plates easy while contributing to the flexibility of the entire ligature:
- Metal plate A more colourful and compact sound. The combination of a metal plate and a flexible ligature offers the player the best sonic qualities of both materials.
- Smooth leather plate Made from the same leather as the ligature, it creates a focused, compact sound that is slightly darker.
- Supple smooth leather plate Made from a more supple leather, it gives a rounder, more ample sound.
"Made of high quality genuine leather, carefully and skillfully sewn in the hand-crafted tradition, to work in complete harmony with the reed and mouthpiece. Leather, a living material, gives an ideal combination of rigidity and flexibility. Its elasticity absorbs the higher harmonics which often cause a sound to be 'bright' or 'harsh'. It also comes into contact with a larger surface area of the mouthpiece, creating a more focused, compact sound. The single silverplated screw on to top of the mouthpiece tightens the ligature evenly and precisely."
Vandoren Model Numbers
LC27P Leather ligature, plastic cap
LC27L Leather ligature, leather cap
Item DetailsManufacturer: Vandoren - Vandoren online
Category: Alto Saxophone Ligatures, Caps & Sets