Sonatas Volume 1 (1-3) for Flute and Basso Continuo, Op2
- Editor's Choice
Somehow the flute sonatas of Michel Blavet have fallen out of fashion which is a great shame as there are some real gems to be found in this Op 2 collection. From the happy gladness of 'L'Henriette' with its singing Adagio opening and playful Allegro to the sadness of 'La Vibray', this volume has plenty to offer. They make great recital openers, especially as the technical challenges are only moderate which is often very useful! At times charming and often moving these really are forgotten lovelies!
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Sonata no. 1 'L'Henriette' in G major
- L'Henriette Arias 1 and 2
- Sonata no. 2 'La Vibray' in D minor
- Sonata no. 3 'La Dherouville' in E minor
- Adagio "La Dhérouville"
- Allemanda - Andante
- Rondeau - Gratioso - "L'Insinüante"
- Premier et deuxième tambourin - Presto - "Le Mondorge'
- Giga - Allegro