Selmer (Paris) Series III Jubilee Alto Saxophone, Gold Lacquered Finish
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
Selmer are widely thought of as being the true home of the saxophone; the company bought the workshop of Adolfe Sax (inventor of the saxophone) in 1929, and this was until the early 1980s still one of the company's prime production facilities. Selmer (Paris) saxophones are still handmade in France and remain prestigious and sought-after.
The Series III has a lightweight body, making it incredibly responsive and free-blowing; other features such as the metal boosters and brass thumbrest give even more projection. Tuning is very easy to control, and the keys sit comfortably under the fingers.
"The Series III alto saxophone is part of the 'Selmer sound' tradition: open and centred, the instrument offers enjoyment of playing. It responds to the slightest inflection of breath, allowing the musician to freely express his musical personality. Perfectly balanced overall tuning (octave ratios, …) and a remarkably staged upper register, with the double C sharp mechanism, are significant features.
Its acoustic and mechanical qualities and ergonomics make it a first-class instrument. The technical options developed in the design of the Series III alto saxophone and the accurate definition of its manufacturing processes have enabled attaining a high level of acoustic and mechanical performance."
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Fully handmade saxophone
- Gold lacquered, silver-plated, matt or black lacquered finish
- Front F mechanism (spatula style)
- High F# key (spatula style)
- Lightweight neck with unique bore for extra response
- Leather pads with metal boosters
- Double C# mechanism for more stable tuning on this note and in the upper register
- Adjustable brass thumbrest
- Mother-of-Pearl key inlays
- Detachable bell, hand engraved
- Includes Selmer S80 C* ebonite mouthpiece, ligature and cap, neckstrap, cork grease, one reed
- Includes lightweight case