Selmer (Paris) Reference Alto Saxophone, Honey Gold Finish
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
Selmer are widely thought of as being the true home of the saxophone; the company bought the workshop of Adolfe Sax (inventor of the saxophone) in 1929, and this was until the early 1980s still one of the company's prime production facilities. Selmer (Paris) saxophones are still handmade in France and remain prestigious and sought-after.
Based on the iconic 1950's Mark VI, considered by top players to be Selmer's best saxophone and played by professionals worldwide. The Reference uses the same design as the Mark VI, but with all the advantages of strong modern keywork, and with high F#! An excellent sax.
"Acoustics, ergonomic features and aesthetics recall the spirit of this famous model:- rich, round tone colour, very centred blowing and exceptional tuning balance, - compact and precise keywork, comfortable handling, - a specific finish with a fine engraving and dark lacquer. The 'Reference' alto stands out with its great ease of playing, flexibility and power which give free rein to expressiveness.
"Selmer Paris applies the 'Reference' concept to the alto saxophone. A strong personality for an instrument of up-to-date design and making, in which each musician will find the 'Mark VI' feeling. The Selmer Reference alto: when history meets modernity…"
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- "Reference" model
- Brass body, bow, bell and keywork
- Choice of antique finish: Dark gold or Matt
- Front F mechanism (pearl style)
- High F# key (pearl style)
- Adjustable multi-directional metal thumbrest
- Mother-of-Pearl key inlays
- Leather pads with plastic booster
- Detachable bell, hand-engraved with special Reference 54 engraving
- Includes Selmer Spirit 184 ebonite mouthpiece, ligature and cap, neckstrap, cork grease, reeds and custom Reference case