Altus 1607RBE Flute
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Minimum Three-Year Warranty
We aim to offer the best possible value for our products, taking into account our comprehensive choice, Perfect Performance Plan, service levels and expertise. Learn More/Price Match
The Altus 1607 offers the benefit of seamed tubing throughout the non-seamed 1507 Britannia design. Like other historical seamed flutes, the tone colour tends to be sweeter with a wood-like quality. Its ability to offer exacting tone colours, balanced harmonics, deeper resonance, and minimal mechanical vibration have resulted in the 1607's reputable ability to execute extremes of expressions with ease.
Altus flutes are held in the very highest esteem by professional players and technicians the world over. Founded by master flute maker Shuichi Tanaka, each Altus flute reflects his passion to produce the finest playing flutes available.
Altus models offer discerning flautists a choice of harmonically tuned and elegant sounding instruments capable of consistently executing technical passages with ease. The many possible combinations of options enable the player to exact a wide range of tone colours.
At the leading edge of contemporary flute making, Altus have developed and introduced density-sensitive materials to the flute market, including .958 Britannia. All Altus flutes come as standard with the accurate William Bennett (WIBB) scale, a responsive and durable mechanism, and a precisely hand-cut headjoint, customised for each flute. Altus flutes appeal to the player who has a classical approach to tone and wants a unique flute that is different from conventional offerings.
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Fully handmade .958 'Britannia' headjoint and body
- Fully handmade .925 solid mechanism
- Soldered tone holes
- Seamed tube
- Available with closed or open holes
- Offset G or inline G key
- Open G# system available by special order - please contact us
- Split E mechanism on offset models
- Available with C footjoint or B footjoint
- French-style ring stop on headjoint
- French-style 'pointed' key-arms
- William Bennett "WIBB" scale
- SP-1 springs
- Leather-bound wood case
- Protective leather pouch
- Microfibre cleaning cloth
- Inner cleaning gauze
- Perspex cleaning rod with clear and precise headjoint cork markings