A Night at the Opera Act II for Two Flutes and Piano
- Highly recommended
- Great for teachers
From the Publisher
A sparkling collection of favourite opera melodies for two flutes and piano, suitable for players of intermediate standard. These arrangements explore some of the best loved music of the opera repertoire and can be used in lessons and practice to support development of sonority, articulation and finger dexterity in a musically satisfying way. With high quality recorded accompaniment tracks available to download, this versatile collection will be enjoyed in practice and performance by flautists of all ages.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Messager: Trot here and there (Duo de l'ane) from Veronique
- Offenbach: Barcarolle from The Tales of Hoffman
- Lehar: Merry Widow Waltz
- Humperdinck: Evening Prayer from Hansel and Gretel
- Verdi: Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves from Nabucco
- Verdi: Prelude to Act 1 La Traviata
- Donizetti: Nocturne (Tornami a dir che m'ami) from Don Pasquale
- Strauss II: The Laughing Song (Mein Herr Marquis) from Die Fledermaus