Selmer Series III 'Jubilee' Tenor Saxophone, Gold Lacquer Finish
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
Selmer are widely thought of as being the true home of the saxophone; the company bought the workshop of Adolfe Sax (inventor of the saxophone) in 1929, and this was until the early 1980s still one of the company's prime production facilities. Selmer (Paris) saxophones are still handmade in France and remain prestigious and sought-after.
The Series III has a lightweight body, making it incredibly responsive and free-blowing; other features such as the metal boosters and brass thumbrest give even more projection. Tuning is very easy to control, and the keys sit comfortably under the fingers.
"With the Series III tenor, the Selmer legend continues: incorporating numerous qualities from previous models, it asserts itself with a sound and dynamic range that make it the instrument of the greats. As for acoustics, the Series III tenor is a particularly versatile instrument, allowing the musician to explore a multiplicity of sound colours according to his own concept and the material he uses.
It gives real playing enjoyment, with a generous lower register and easy subtones. Excellent response, striking pitch and balanced ergonomics create a close relationship between the musician and the instrument, an essential condition for expressiveness and musicality."
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Handmade saxophone
- Gold lacquered, silver-plated, matt or black lacquered finish
- Front F key (spatula style)
- High F# key (spatula style)
- Lightweight neck with unique bore for extra response
- Leather pads with metal boosters
- Double C# mechanism for more stable tuning on this note and in the upper register
- Adjustable brass thumbrest
- Mother-of-Pearl key inlays
- Detachable bell, hand engraved
- Includes Selmer S80 C* ebonite mouthpiece, ligature and cap, neckstrap, cork grease, one reed and lightweight case
Item DetailsManufacturer: Henri Selmer (Paris)
Category: Tenor Saxophones