Selmer (Paris) Series III 'Jubilee' Soprano Saxophone
Perfect Performance Plan
Included with every new instrument:
- Pre-Sale Set-Up
- Owner's Check-Up
- Three-Year Warranty
0% finance funded by the Arts Council. Age restrictions apply. Click here for details
- Purchase price: £4,774.00
- Deposit: £477.40
- Amount of credit: £4,296.60
- 18 × monthly payments of: £238.70
- Total repayable: £4,774.00
- Duration of agreement: 18 months
- Rate of interest (fixed): 0.0%
- 0.0% APR Representative
UK residents only, age restrictions apply. Credit is provided subject to status. Credit is provided by external finance companies as determined by Just Flutes.
Selmer are widely thought of as being the true home of the saxophone; the company bought the workshop of Adolfe Sax (inventor of the saxophone) in 1929, and this was until the early 1980s still one of the company's prime production facilities. Selmer (Paris) saxophones are still handmade in France and remain prestigious and sought-after.
The Series III has a lightweight body, making it incredibly responsive and free-blowing; other features such as the metal boosters and brass thumbrest give even more projection. Tuning is very easy to control, and the keys sit comfortably under the fingers.
"With the introduction of the Series III Soprano, the world of the Soprano opens up to the musician. Its ergonomics makes it quite easy for the non-specialist player and features a playing technique quite similar to that of the alto and tenor saxophones. It is a flexible instrument that permits modulating the sound, and which develops a smooth, warm tone: great sound richness with non-aggressive high notes and easy blowing, particularly in the upper register (altissimo). Thanks to the creation of the high G key, the Soprano range is wider. The functioning and positioning of all the left-hand little finger spatulas in the low register, and right-hand little finger C/E-flat spatulas are optimized."
Hover over the styled text for a short definition, or click for a more detailed explanation.
- Handmade saxophone
- Gold lacquered, silverplated, matt or black lacquered finish
- Two-piece body with interchangeable straight and curved crooks (both supplied)
- Front F mechanism (pearl style)
- High F# key (pearl style)
- High G key
- Leather pads with metal boosters
- Adjustable brass thumbrest
- Mother-of-Pearl key inlays
- Hand engraved bell
- Includes Selmer S80 C* ebonite mouthpiece, ligature and cap, neckstrap, cork grease, one reed and lightweight case
Item DetailsManufacturer: Henri Selmer (Paris)
Category: Soprano Saxophones
Fair Price Pledge
We aim to offer the best possible value for our products, taking into account our comprehensive choice, Perfect Performance Plan, quality of service and expertise. Sometimes, we may be able to beat our web prices: please call us on 020 8662 8400 to discuss your requirements.