The Fife Book - Third Edition
Our price: £7.50 plus £1.95 UK P&P - Delivery Information
Recommended for music exams:
The fife book method teaches embouchure technique, breath control and basic fingerings, on a plastic side-blown flute.
"Why start on the fife?"
- Get to grips with basic techniques without having to spend hundreds of pounds on a flute
- Perfect for small first-time flute players: small and light
- In many instances, more suitable to small beginners than a regular flute
- When the player moves on to a flute, they will have well-developed skills and will advance more quickly
- Easy to maintain: no breakable parts, no oiling, no servicing!
- Start playing well-known tunes straight away!
“The purpose of this book is an introductory course to flute playing. For many years I have used this method to introduce people of all ages to flute playing, and now I would never start anyone in any other way. The book is aimed at beginners and should take roughtly 10 weeks or one school term. It is not intended to be a “self-tutor” and it should be used with a flute teacher. Most of the material is very simple and although recorder players might find they can whizz through the tunes very quickly, I do find that 10 weeks is a good amount of time to begin establishing a good embouchure and posture. The ten week period can quite easily be extended for younger children or slower learners.” - Liz Goodwin
Just Flutes Edition