The Fife Book - Third Edition
- Interesting, worth a look
- Great for teachers
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
The fife book method teaches embouchure technique, breath control and basic fingerings, on a plastic side-blown flute.
"Why start on the fife?"
- Get to grips with basic techniques without having to spend hundreds of pounds on a flute
- Perfect for small first-time flute players: small and light
- In many instances, more suitable to small beginners than a regular flute
- When the player moves on to a flute, they will have well-developed skills and will advance more quickly
- Easy to maintain: no breakable parts, no oiling, no servicing!
- Start playing well-known tunes straight away!
“The purpose of this book is an introductory course to flute playing. For many years I have used this method to introduce people of all ages to flute playing, and now I would never start anyone in any other way. The book is aimed at beginners and should take roughtly 10 weeks or one school term. It is not intended to be a “self-tutor” and it should be used with a flute teacher. Most of the material is very simple and although recorder players might find they can whizz through the tunes very quickly, I do find that 10 weeks is a good amount of time to begin establishing a good embouchure and posture. The ten week period can quite easily be extended for younger children or slower learners.” - Liz Goodwin
Just Flutes Edition
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
Item DetailsCategory: Flute Tutor Books
Publisher: Just Flutes Edition
Publisher's reference: GOO150
Our Stock Code: 995054
Media Type: Paperback