Sisyphus Redux for Alto Flute
- Interesting, worth a look
From the Publisher
Explicit Fingerings are added only for certain actions. It is assumed that the performer is fully conversant with standard microtonal pitch fingerings. Other techniques are specifically both verbally and graphically. A horizonal arrow represents a gradual transformation between beginning (l.h) and concluding (r.h) states.
- Iterate tongue attack as fast as possible
- Very breathy
- Commence sound without employing the tongue at all
- Various graphic conventions are employed for indicating different speeds and intensity of vibrato
- Clearly articulated smorzato, executed with movement of the lips so as to partially block and release sustained sounds
- Weak, feeble, insatiable tone production
- Slightly breathy and unfocused timbre
- Mainly breath sound
- More pronouced breathy timbre
Performance duration (approx): 8'00"
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Part 1: Alto Flute
Publisher: Edition Peters
Publisher's reference: EP72065
Our Stock Code: 985192
Media Type: Paperback (1 pages [score])