Explicit Fingerings are added only for certain actions. It is assumed that the performer is fully conversant with standard microtonal pitch fingerings. Other techniques are specifically both verbally and graphically. A horizonal arrow represents a gradual transformation between beginning (l.h) and concluding (r.h) states.
- Iterate tongue attack as fast as possible
- Very breathy
- Commence sound without employing the tongue at all
- Various graphic conventions are employed for indicating different speeds and intensity of vibrato
- Clearly articulated smorzato, executed with movement of the lips so as to partially block and release sustained sounds
- Weak, feeble, insatiable tone production
- Slightly breathy and unfocused timbre
- Mainly breath sound
- More pronouced breathy timbre
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Part 1: Alto Flute
Publisher: Edition Peters
Publisher's reference: EP72065
Our Stock Code: 985192
Media Type: Paperback