From the Publisher
What is The Young Flute Player?
Want something to inspire your beginner flute students? Want a tutor book that has EVERYTHING you need to start playing the flute?
The Young Flute Player or TYFP is a collection of 5 books containing comprehensive resources for teaching beginner players to master the flute. The books are perfect for either child or adult beginners and are user friendly, with easy to read notation, cartoon illustrations, music games and composition activities.
The Young Flute Player Collection
All books follow a progressive learning structure, and contain technical exercises, performance pieces, fingering charts and more. Book 1 is designed to be a simple introduction to the basics of playing a flute, with Book 2 subsequently developing skills until the end of 2nd grade. Book 3 is the Teacher’s Book of piano accompaniment and duets, whilst Books 4 and 5 complement the tutor books with colour coded duets and trios, establishing ensemble playing skills.
What Does This Flute Tutor Offer?
- Everything in one book
- Large, easy-to-read notation
- Short explanations of all signs and terms
- Progressive units with different activities to maintain concentration
- Cartoon illustrations, games and composition opportunities to make learning even more fun
- Thorough presentation of new material and continued revision of previous units
- Music which a student will enjoy playing, including arrangements of compositions by the 'great' composers, traditional songs and folk tunes
- It is suitable for teaching young children through to adult beginners
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Warm Up Exercises
- Duets and Trios
- Festive Music
Colour coded parts have beeen introduced, to help young players learn to follow their own part with ease.
Music can be played by groups of any size.
Optional piano accompaniments available in the Teacher's Book.