YolanDa Brown’s Flute CollectionIncludes Online Audio
Arranged by YolanDa Brown
- Staff Pick
Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
This book is full of famous songs ranging from reggae to jazz. The flute part keeps the melodies simple and there are performance directions for each one. The downloadable backing tracks are very good and use different instruments to reflect the style of each piece. It's easy to operate too. Anyone can play these pieces and if you want something a little different this is definitely for you!
From the Publisher
This inspiring collection celebrating black composers has been selected and edited by the renowned saxophonist, YolanDa Brown. Suitable for intermediate-level flute with piano accompaniment, plus commentary from YolanDa and downloadable backing tracks.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Blinded By Your Grace (Part 1) (Stormzy)
- Blue And Sentimental (Count Basie)
- I Can See The Change (Celeste)
- I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free (Nina Simone)
- Lady (Fela Kuti)
- Million Billion Love (YolanDa Brown)
- Misty (Erroll Garner)
- Sittin' on the Dock for the Bay (Otis Reding)
- TokYo Sunset (YolanDa Brown)
- Total Praise (Richard Smallwood)
- Wishing On A Star (Rose Royce)