Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
Grades: 4, 6
“A great book!”
Pieces from Unbeaten Tracks have appeared regularly on exam listings and it's very easy to see why. The content is diverse ranging from McGuire's wistful Caprice to the jazz style of Daryl Runswick. Christopher Gunning's Waltz for Aggie is utterly charming and music that will readily appeal to players and audiences alike. This is a perfect book for that tricky 'in between grades' time as all the pieces have something to offer - even if you don't like everything!
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Beatrix (Carl Davis)
- Blue Six (Daryl Runswick)
- Little Pavane (Colin Matthews)
- Waltz for Aggie (Christopher Gunning)
- Pieces of Seven (David Matthews)
- A Sad Song (John Woolrich)
- Caprice (Edward McGuire)
- Outside Lines (Fraser Trainer)