Two Flutes at the Opera Book 2
- Interesting, worth a look
- Editor's Choice
If you enjoyed Opera Duets Vol 1 (and who doesn't love that book with it's beautifully arranged famous arias?) then I would give this 2nd volume a try. It's true that these arias are not so well known, but the quality is equally as high. For more advanced players this is an ideal opportunity to explore different repertoire from composers that will not be so familiar from simply studying the flute. The keys and rhythms will challenge but not daunt, and the melodic fluidity inherent in the originals will naturally encourage expressive performances. A little gem!
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Verdi Scene and Duet from 'A Masked Ball'
- Berlioz March from 'The Trojans"
- Wagner The Spinning Chorus from "The Flying Dutchman'
- Gluck Chorus from 'Orpheus and Euridice'
- Humperdinck Duet and Dance from "Hansel and Gretel'
- Weber Bridesmaids' Song and Huntsman's Chorus from 'Der Freischutz'
- Halevy Eleazar's Aria from 'La Juive'