Twelve Fantasias for Viola da gamba without Bass arranged for Flute, TWV 40: 26-37
- Highly recommended
From the Publisher
Georg Philipp Telemann composed thirty-six fantasias for solo instrument: twelve each for traverse flute, violin, and viola da gamba. While those for flute and violin belong to Telemann’s most popular works today, the fantasias for viola da gamba were unknown throughout much of recent history until a copy of these fantasias was rediscovered in 2015.
For this edition, flautist Leona Rötzsch arranged the viola da gamba fantasias for solo flute, thereby complementing Telemann’s flute fantasias with another set of twelve.
Carefully retaining Telemann’s tonal language, these viol works were made accessible for the flute by use of transpositions, diminutions, and broken chords.
- Fantasia 1 original in C minor TWV 40: 26
- Fantasia 2 original in D major TWV 40: 27
- Fantasia 3 original in E minor TWV 40: 28
- Fantasia 4 original in F major TWV 40: 29
- Fantasia 5 original in B-flat major TWV 40: 30
- Fantasia 6 original in G major TWV 40: 31
- Fantasia 7 original in G minor TWV 40: 32
- Fantasia 8 original in A major TWV 40: 33
- Fantasia 9 original in C major TWV 40: 34
- Fantasia 10 original in E major TWV 40: 35
- Fantasia 11 original in D minor TWV 40: 36
- Fantasia 12 original in E-flat major TWV 40: 37