“An iconic book”
From the Publisher
The study of expression, vibrato. color, suppleness and their application to different styles.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- A: Low register, soft dynamic
- B: Low register, loud dynamic
- C: Low register, diversified expression
- D: High register, suppleness in soft dynamics
- E: Low to middle registers, suppleness, delicacy and color variation
- F: All three registers, fullness of tone
- G: All three registers, diversified expression
- H: Interpretation of classical pieces
The following pieces contained within the album have an optional piano accompaniment:
- Messager 'Fortunio'
- Delibes 'Lakme'
- Bizet 'L'Arlesienne'
- Verdi arr. Moyse 'Il Trovatore'
- Massenet 'Werther'
- Bruneau 'L'Attaque du Moulin'
- Donizetti 'Don Pasquale'
- Bach 'Violin Sonata no. 2 - Andante'