A carefully graded selection of tuneful pieces for flute and piano including well-crafted arrangements providing practice of the keys, note-ranges and fingering patterns encountered in the early grades. Each volume features a wide range of material, from Purcell to Puccini and from Schubert to Stravinsky. Pieces are presented in chronological order and include the year in which they were written to give a sense of the different styles of music through the years.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Bach Prelude E major BWV853 from Well-Tempered Clavier Part1
- Rameau Tambourin, from Pieces de clavecin
- Mozart Allegro, from Sonata No.3 in A K12
- Paradis Sicilienne
- Mussorgsky Ein Kinderscherz
- Gounod Entree des Jeunes Nubiennes, from Faust
- Elgar Bavarian Dance, Op27 No.1
- Prokofiev Gavotte, from the Classical Symphony Op25
- Stravinsky Sinfonia from Pulcinella
- Britten Fishing Song from Friday Afternoon Op7
- Berkeley Prelude No6 from Six Preludes Op23