Time Pieces is an exciting new series of repertoire which explores the wealth of music written from the sixteenth century to the present day. The pieces are presented chronologically within each volume and all include the year in which they were written too, so you can map your journey through time! Time Pieces for Clarinet is a three-volume anthology providing a graded selection of well-crafted and idiomatic arrangements for clarinet and piano, Grades 1-5. All have been carefully written by Ian Denley to practise the note ranges and keys of the early grades while providing straightforward piano accompaniments for the teacher to play. From Byrd to Elgar and from Mozart to Kodaly, Time Pieces for Clarinet allows the pupil to get a real feel for the different styles of music through time and will prove an invaluable and varied source of further study and recital repertoire.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Sarabande, from Suite in Eb, BWV 819/3 (J.S. Bach)
- Adagio fur Glasharmonika, K. 356 (Mozart)
- Menuetto e Trio, from Sonata in Bb, Op. 1 (Wagner)
- Ballade, Op. 100 No.15 (Burgmuller)
- Andante cantabile, from Quartet in D, Op.11 (Tchaikovsky)
- Du meines Herzens Kronelein (Strauss)
- Fast zu keck (Reger)
- Menuett in F (Berg)
- Solo, from Symphony No.2, Op.27 (Rachmaninov)
- March, from Music for Children Op.65 No.10 (Prokofiev)
- Siciliano from Reihe Kleiner Klavierstucke (Badings)
- Fable No.9, from Fables, Op.21) (Muczynski)
- Les Jeux de guillaume, from Getes et Sentiments (Friboulet)
Bb Clarinet and Piano accompaniment