Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
Grades: 1, 2, 3
Time Pieces is an exciting series of repertoire which explores the wealth of music written from the thirteenth century to the present day. The pieces are presented chronologically within each volume and all include the year in which they were written too, so you can map your journey through time! Time Pieces for E flat Saxophone is a two-volume anthology providing a graded selection of well-crafted and idiomatic arrangements for saxophone and piano, Grades 1 to 5. All of them have been carefully written by Ian Denley to practise the note ranges and keys of the early grades while providing straightforward piano accompaniments for the teacher to play. From Dowland to Vaughan Williams and from Lully to Weill, Time Pieces for E flat Saxophone allows the pupil to get a real feel for the different styles of music through time and will provide an invaluable, varied source of further study and recital repertoire.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- A Romp Anon.
- The Rune of the Weaver Anon.
- A Plain Song Anon.
- Fine Knacks for Ladies from 'Second Book of Songs or Ayres' Dowland
- In Sherwood livde stout Robin Hood from 'Fourth Booke of Ayres' Jones
- Bois epais from 'Amadis' Lully
- Bouree 2 from 'English Suite No.2' J.S. Bach
- Marche funebre del Signor Maestro Contrapunto Mozart
- Minuet from '12 German Dances' Haydn
- Romance from 'L'elisir d'amore' Donizetti
- Serenade from 'Harold in Italy' Berlioz
- The Merry Peasant from 'Album for the Young' Schumann
- Grandfather's Dance from 'The Nutcracker' Tchaikovsky
- Prelude from 'Jack in the Box' Satie
- Linden Lea Vaughn Williams
- The Joker from 'In aller Fruhe' Grechaninov
- My Horse has Cast a Show from 'Pacific 1860' Coward
- On the Hills from 'In Ireland' Corker
- A Christmas Tune Jacob
- Promenade from 'Simple Suite No.3' Reeman