Teachers' Choice: Selected Piano Repertory & Studies 2011-2012, Grades 6 & 7
Edited by Josephine Koh
From the Publisher
Teachers' Choice, Selected Piano Repertory & Studies for Grades 6 & 7 is compiled to provide teachers and students with good options for the 2011-2012 ABRSM Piano examinations.
- A variety of interesting and appealing Piano pieces with up-to-date editorial suggestions are presented to assist students achieve high standards of musical performance.
- Effective teaching points are suggested with recommended technical studies.Teachers will find this approach very helpful and effective, thus enriching their teaching process, leading to a very successful experience.
- Examination requirements aside, finer details in interpretation and stylistic performance are strongly encouraged. Beyond the printed page, the editorial suggestions are directed to provide the impetus to strive towards greater musical creativity and perfection.
- Most important of all, enjoy the high standard of music typography; with clear, professionally laid scores that combine musical semiotics with modern publishing technology. Digital print on quality cream-coloured paper ensures comfort in reading and learning for all students.
- Allegro (Suite In G HWV 441) [Handel, George Friedric]
- Prelude In D Bwv 925 [Bach, Johann Sebastian]
- Allegretto Moderato (Poetic Tone-Pictures Op.3) [Grieg, Edvard]
- The Witch (Baba Yaga) Op.39 No.2 [Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Ilyich]
- Soiree Polka [Foster, Stephen]
- Jazz Exercise No.3 [Peterson, Oscar]
- Sinfonia No.10 In G BWV 796 [Bach, Johann Sebastian]
- Le Coucou (The Cuckoo) (Premier livre de pieces de clavecin) [Daquin, Louis-Claude]
- Viniendo De La funte (Coming from the Foutain) (Cuentos de la juventud Op.1) [Granados, Enrique]
- Romance In E Minor (S.169) [Liszt, Franz]
- Le petit elephant (L' Histoire de Babar) [Poulenc, Francis]