From the Publisher
On this musical voyage, James Rae leads the clarinetist from the Baroque era to the present day. His arrangements of well-known titles such as Bach's 'Minuet in G', Purcell's 'Air', Saint-Saëns 'The Swan' or Duke Ellington's 'Sophisticated Lady' illustrate the wide range of styles available to clarinetists. A brilliant collection which is both educational and thoroughly enjoyable.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Satin Doll (Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn)
- Siciliana and Allegro (Handel)
- Sophisticated Lady (Duke Ellington)
- Pavane (Faure)
- Take Five (Desmond)
- Minuet (J.S. Bach)
- Situation Comedy (Rae)
- Air (Purcell)
- The Swan from 'Carnival of the Animals' (Saint-Saens)
- Arthur's Theme (The Best You Can Do) (Bacarach, Bayer-Sager, Cross, Allen)
Bb Clarinet with Piano Accompaniment