This is a very interesting slant on this popular series. Standard jazz classics (Misty, It Don't Mean a Thing, Stardust etc) are arranged for four flutes but can be played by as many or as few as are available. The CD follows the usual demo/backing track format and is of good quality. The first part mostly takes the tune and the accompanying parts stick together rhythmically, making this suitable for mixed ability groups. This is a good and unusual addition to the repertoire.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me (Robbie Williams)
- It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) (Louis Armstrong)
- Jeepers Creepers (Louis Armstrong)
- Misty (Ella Fitzgerald)
- Moonlight in Vermont (Frank Sinatra)
- On Green Dolphin Street (Sarah Vaughan)
- The Shadow Of Your Smile (Andy Williams)
- Star Dust (Nat King Cole)