From the Publisher
Take The Lead: Classical for flute features idiomatic arrangements of well known classical pieces. These pieces encourage technical progression and beginner instrumentalists will really enjoy learning and performing them. Students have a choice of playing along with CD, Piano or Guitar and all pieces are fully integrated with arrangements for other instruments in the series, making this the ideal resource for school bands and small ensembles. Used as a solo book these pieces will encourage technical progression and confidence in playing. Ideal pieces for performance, or just for fun.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy (Tchaikovsky)
- In The Hall Of The Mountain King( From Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 - Grieg)
- Polovtsian Dance ( From Prince Igor - Borodin)
- Radetzky March ( J. Strauss Snr.)
- Sheep May Safely Graze (J.S Bach)
- The Swan ( From Carnival Of The Animals - Saint Saens)
- Symphony No. 40 in G Minor, 1st Movement ( W A Mozart)
- The Toreador's Song( From Carmen - Bizet)