Sonatas Vol 2 (4-6) for Flute and Basso Continuo, Op2
- Editor's Choice
“More forgotten lovelies!”
Somehow the flute sonatas of Michel Blavet have fallen out of fashion which is a great shame as there are some real gems to be found in this Op 2 collection. This volume includes the beautiful 'La Lumagne' with its heart-breaking Sicilienne and the ebullient 'La Chauvet'. They make great recital openers, especially as the technical challenges are only moderate which is often very useful! At times charming and often moving these really are forgotten lovelies!
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Sonata no. 4 'La Lumagne' in G minor
- Le Lutin - Allegro vivace
- Sonata no. 5 'La Chauvet' in D major
- Le Marc-Antoine - Allegro moderato
- Les regrets - Molto expressivo Andantino
- Fugue - Allegro
- Gavotte -La Dedale
- Sonata no. 6 'La Boucot' in A minor
- Allemande - Allegro moderato
- Les tendres badinages - Allegretto
- Presto - gai