So You Want to Play In Shows....? Flute/Clarinet/Alto Sax doubling
'The music in this book has been composed as a direct result of an increasing demand from players interested breaking into the world of show playing. The skill of the multi-instrumentalist has long been a given for theatre orchestrators and indeed the parts in recent years have become steadily more complicated.....
Quick instrument changes and varying styles provide you with an insight into the world of a multi-instrumentalist. Your aim is to always 'make the change' cleanly and on time.' Paul Saunders
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Acid (clarinet, flute, alto saxophone)
- Charlwood (clarinet, alto saxophone, flute)
- How Cool Can You Be (clarinet, flute, alto saxophone, clarinet, flute & then back to clarinet)
- To Rio (clarinet, flute & then back to clarinet)
- Matinee Idol (flute or clarinet or alto saxophone)
- Treading the Bored (clarinet, flute, alto saxophone, clarinet, flute & back to clarinet again)
- Tried and Dried (clarinet, flute, alto saxophone, clarinet, alto sax & back to flute again)