Seven Muses - A Contemporary Anthology
From the Publisher
In the same vein as Marya Martin’s Eight Visions, Theodore Presser Company presents a collection of 7 works composed by women for flute and piano: Seven Muses. Featuring compositions from some of the foremost female composers in contemporary classical music, two are complete one-movement works, and five are single movements taken from larger works. For advanced players.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Hoover Demon Dance from Medieval Suite
- Grier Movement II from Sonata
- Wagner Movement I from Concerto for Flute, Strings & Percussion
- Rocherolle Vignette
- Chen Yi Movement III from The Golden Flute
- Zwilch Movement II from Concerto for Flute & Orchestra
- Tailleferre Pastorale