Selected Duets for Flute, Vol 1
Edited by Himie Voxman
- Highly recommended
- Great for teachers
From the Publisher
This classic series of duets for like instruments is recognizable to nearly everyone who has ever studied an instrument. The wealth of material supplements musical development and provides a rich experience for growing musicians. Duet playing is often a student's first form of ensemble experience - technique, tone quality, intonation and balance are introduced as students do one of the things they enjoy most - making music with a friend. And duet playing leads easily and naturally to competent performance in larger ensembles.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Nineteen Duos selected from the works of Devienne
- Seventeen Duos arranged from the works of anonymous eighteenth century composers
- Five Duets selected from the works of Corrette
- Nine Duos selected from the works of Boismortier
- Four Duos selected from the works of Aubert
- Four Duets selected from the works of Kummer
- Three Duos selected from Opus 59 of Berbiguier
- Twenty Duets selected from the works of Chedeville, Corelli, Eccles, Geminiani, Handel, Haydn, Hook, Purcell, Telemann and others
- Three Duets selected from the works of Quantz, Hummel and H Kohler