Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
Saxophone Basics Series is a landmark method for beginner saxophone players by one of the leading figures in saxophone education, Andy Hampton. Comprising pupil’s tutor book, teacher’s book with accompaniment parts and an array of online resources.
Saxophone Basics Pupil's book offers a fresh design, clear technical drawings, fun illustrations, new activities, pull-out fingering chart and of course all of the great tunes featured in the original Saxophone Basics. Starting at absolute beginner level and progressing to Grade 2, it contains:
- a wide range of repertoire, including original pieces and well-loved favourites from every genre
- warm ups and fun original exercises
- invaluable fact files, quizzes and technical advice covering notation, general musicianship and care of the instrument
- helpful fingering diagrams and rhythm boxes
- duets throughout – ideal for group teaching
- pull-out fingering chart to pin on your wall
- online audio containing piano and saxophone accompaniments to play along with.
There is a separate Teacher's book available for both Alto Saxophone and Tenor Saxophone, which offer tips on how to approach new techniques and motivate young players. These would be particularly helpful for teachers who are not saxophone specialists.