For Saxes Only! 10 Jazz Duets for SaxophoneIncludes CD
Edited by Gregory W Yasinitsky
From the Publisher
For Saxes Only! 10 Jazz Duets for Saxophone is a fantastic collection of jazz standards, all arranged for two easy- to intermediate-level players. These jazz duets include music by George Gershwin, Cole Porter, and Dizzy Gillespie, as well as a few originals composed especially for this book. The duets are written for performance by two instruments pitched in the same key, such as a B-flat tenor with a B-flat soprano, or an E-flat alto with an E-flat baritone. The enclosed CD features Greg Yasinitsky playing all the duets, with each part recorded on a separate channel. To play along with the CD, the saxophonist simply turns off one of the stereo channels. A great way to work on jazz concept, phrasing, intonation, and blend, and a fun way to make music with friends!
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Bye Bye Blackbird (music by Ray Henderson)
- Fly By Night (music by Yasinitsky)
- A Foggy Day (music by George and Ira Gershwin)
- The Man I Love (music by George and Ira Gershwin)
- But Not For Me (music by George and Ira Gershwin)
- Good To Go (music by Yasinitsky)
- Big Sky (music by Yasinitsky)
- What Is This Thing Called Love (music by Cole Porter)
- Crazy Eights (music by Yasinitsky)
- Groovin' High (music by John 'Dizzy' Gillespie)