Rovner V-3MLA "Versa" Saxophone Ligature & Cap
- Allows complete tonal control and accurate intonation throughout all registers
- Internal ribbing that floats the ligature body on the mouthpiece
- Very thin stainless steel rails supporting the reed
- New free-floating metal fittings that produce better seating of ligature and reed
- A new polymer-impregnated, double textured ligature body
The Rovner "Versa" ligature embodies much of the tonal "center" of a good metal ligature, but with the flexibility and freedom that are the hallmark of Rovner Ligatures. Simply put, no other ligature feels this good! Offers a great sense of playing confidence derived from the feeling of complete control and accurate, intensely focussed intonation. Great sonority reigns in the bottom two-thirds of the low register. Notes that normally buzz irritatingly achieve a new level of tonal purity and roundness. Register breaks, up or down, take place with nearly the same ease as movement to adjacent notes. Many reeds that wouldn't play are instantly turned into great performers. The depth of sound of this ligature reveals how all other ligatures are shallow-sounding. Every Rovner Ligature:
- Permits the reed to vibrate more freely than with conventional metal ligatures
- Improves tone, response and intonation of woodwind instruments
- Allows the reed to swell and shrink without distorting the reed body, reducing the likelihood of leakage at the facing
- Reduces peculiar modes of vibration that give rise to uneven scales, poor intonation, squeaks and raspiness
- If properly used, will provide greater playing ease, considerably extended reed life and fewer rejected reeds
- Is made of the finest materials obtainable
- Has a body made of neoprene-impregnated polyester fabric that will not stretch or rot and is chemically impervious;
- Is fitted with corrosion-resistant metal fittings
- Undergoes constant scrutiny for possible improvements
- Features double-textured ligature body with new T-process Polymer Impregnation
The V-3MLA will fit:
- Soprano sax
- Hard rubber mouthpieces: None. See V-1RVS instead.
- Metal mouthpieces: No Rovner Versa available.
- Alto sax
- Hard rubber mouthpieces: None. See V-1RL instead.
- Metal mouthpieces: Otto Link, Ria, Sugal.
- For other metal alto mouthpieces, see V-1M.
- Tenor sax
- Baritone sax