Recital Album for Flute and PianoIncludes CD
Edited by Franco Cesarini
- Exceptional value for money
From the Publisher
This collection will give you the opportunity to concentrate on all the technical and expressive aspects of flute playing, switching from 'brilliant' pieces to works with a more cantabile character, ideal for perfecting the control ofsonority and breathing. The book takes you from the atmosphere of the nineteenth century, with works by Chopin and Popp, through the eighteenth century tragic opera of Gluck to the world of Baroque music including works by Bach. It also includes thecantabile style of French pre-impressionist composers of the nineteenth century with pieces by Massenet and Faure. On the CD you will find a complete recording of each work together with a piano accompaniment track for you to play-along with.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Greensleeves to a Ground (Anonymous)
- Badinerie from Suite No.2 in B minor (JS Bach)
- Scene des Champs-Elysees from the Opera 'Orphee' (Gluck)
- Variations on a theme by Rossini (Chopin)
- Russisches Zigeunerlied Op. 462 No.2 (Popp)
- Sicilienne Op. 78 from Pelleas et Melisande (Faure)
- Morceau de Concours (Massenet)