With these easy arrangements the beginner saxophonist will become well-acquainted with the various styles and rhythms of traditional American music. Playing along with the enclosed CD, the student will be supported as a soloist and will also experience the feeling of playing in an ensemble.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Rock 'n' Roll Red River Valley Traditional
- Square Dance Way Down Upon the Swanee River Stephen C. Foster
- The Tioga Waltz Stephen C. Foster
- He's Got the Whole World in His Hands Traditional
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot Traditional
- Backwater Blues Traditional
- Turkey in the Straw Traditional
- The Streets of Laredo Traditional
- Pine Apple Rag Scott Joplin