Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
The new Piano Exam Pieces books each feature a selection of nine pieces from the syllabus at Grades Initial-8, covering lists A, B and C. Meticulously edited and presented, these volumes comprise rich and varied repertoire from which to create an exciting programme for both Practical and Performance Grade exams. Each volume also includes helpful footnotes and syllabus information.
The book + audio editions include recordings of every piece listed on the syllabus – 39 tracks exclusively available with each graded book.
For the first time, these will be available as audio downloads (rather than CDs), accessible via unique download codes included in each book. These recordings are an excellent way for teachers and their students to explore the range of diverse choices available in the new syllabus, whether they are looking for inspiration for an exam programme, a Performance Grades own-choice piece or to hear interpretations of the syllabus music from professional musicians.
- Allegro moderato: 1st movt from Sonata in B minor, Hob. XVI:32 [Haydn]
- Allegretto: No. 4 from Ctvrtky a osminky, H. 257 [Martinu]
- Tempo di minuetto: 3rd movt from Sonata in A [Martínez]
- Mazurka in A minor, Op. 68 No. 2 [Chopin]
- At the Evening Window: No. 4 from Four Stories [Jan Freidlin]
- Calme du soir: No. 2 from 10 petits morceaux, Op. 94 [Moszkowski]
- New Kid: No. 9 from The Christopher Norton Jazz Preludes Collection [Christopher Norton]
- Prelude: Twilight, Op. 69 [Dianne Goolkasian Rahbee]
- White Light Chorale [Param Vir]