Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
The new Piano Exam Pieces books each feature a selection of nine pieces from the syllabus at Grades Initial-8, covering lists A, B and C. Meticulously edited and presented, these volumes comprise rich and varied repertoire from which to create an exciting programme for both Practical and Performance Grade exams. Each volume also includes helpful footnotes and syllabus information.
The book + audio editions include recordings of every piece listed on the syllabus – 39 tracks exclusively available with each graded book.
For the first time, these will be available as audio downloads (rather than CDs), accessible via unique download codes included in each book. These recordings are an excellent way for teachers and their students to explore the range of diverse choices available in the new syllabus, whether they are looking for inspiration for an exam programme, a Performance Grades own-choice piece or to hear interpretations of the syllabus music from professional musicians.
- Allegretto in C: No. 3 from Die ersten 12 Lectionen, Op. 125 [Diabelli]
- Dragonflies: from The Greenwood Tree [M. Helyer]
- Minuet in C: No. 10 from 24 Short and Easy Pieces, Op. 1 [A. Reinagle]
- Fresh Air [Andrew Eales]
- A Morning Sunbeam: No. 3 from Three Sketches for Little Pianists [F. Price]
- The Quiet Wood [Head]
- Virginia Hall [Shruthi Rajasekar]
- Sneaky Business: from Jazz, Rags & Blues, Book 1 [Martha Mier]
- Little Whale Explores the Calm Sea [Caroline Tyler]