Piano Classics - 50 Famous Pieces
Edited by Hans-Gunter Heumann
From the Publisher
Selected for pupils in their first years of piano lessons, this volume contains 50 of the most beautiful original compositions for piano from the days of Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) to the days of Alexander Grechaninov, providing playing material from the baroque period to the early 20th century. Apart from numerous individual pieces, it also contains easy sonatas and sonatinas by Haydn, Clementi, Mozart, and Beethoven. Complete with fingerings, tempo suggestions and notes on the execution of ornaments, this collection with its modern and reader-friendly layout is ideal for lessons and for playing at home.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- JS Bach Preludes and Inventions
- Handel Sarabande in D minor
- Haydn Sonata in G major
- Clementi Sonatine Sonatine Op.36/1
- Mozart Minuet G major, F major
- Mozart Allegro B major
- Mozart Rondeau D major
- Mozart Alla Turca
- Mozart Sonata C major KV545
- etc including Beethoven, Schubert, Burgmiller, Mendelssohn
- Schumann, Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Grieg, Debussy, Satie & Gretchaninoff