Nuvo N520JWPK JSax 2.0, White With Pink Trim
The Nuvo jSax brings the world of saxophone playing to a wider audience than ever! Young musicians can now start to play an instrument with traditional feel from an early age.
The jSax has a traditional fingering system and serves to enable newcomers to develop embouchure and tuning skills which will be directly transferable to a full size saxophone. The tone is surprisingly mellow, and therefore this instrument offers a lot of fun for both newcomers and established amateur saxophonists.
Following in the tradition established with other Nuvo instruments, the jSax is pitched in C (concert pitch). This makes integration into classroom music making very easy. The instrument has a fully chromatic range from middle C (C4) to G in the next octave up (G5).
Due to its design and construction, the jSax requires very little maintenance and is simple to clean - warm soapy water will do the trick in next to no time! Since the pads are synthetic, there is no risk of water damage, simply allow the instrument to drip dry before returning to its case. You can take your jSax with you wherever you go, they love camping, hiking, climbing and even swimming!
The jSax outfit is supplied with two synthetic reeds, strengths 1.5 and 2 which are great for getting started. In addition to Nuvo synthetic reeds, more experienced players may prefer to use traditional cane reeds - Eb clarinet size and now soprano sax size will fit the Nuvo 2.0 mouthpiece. The standard jSax outfit includes moulded case and carry strap, and is supplied as the curved instrument. Some adults may find a straight option more comfortable, in which case the "Straighten your jSax" kit consists of a straight neck and bell to transform the curved instrument.
The new 2.0 jSax model includes Nuvo’s newly upgraded mouthpiece:
Mouthpiece – now fitted with new integral ligature, easy to open with one hand. Remains compatible with Nuvo’s plastic reeds in 1, 1.5 and 2 strength, the Legere Viib or cane Eb size clarinet reeds and now also soprano saxophone reeds.
- Suitable for beginners of any age but ideal for young musicians from age 5 upwards
- Ultra-light construction, washable and durable
- Traditional saxophone fingering patterns which are directly transferable to a full size saxophone
- Curved neck and bell and adjustable thumb rest
- Now fitted with a new integral ligature, easy to open with one hand
- Moulded case with carry strap
- Mouthpiece with integrated ligature
- Mouthpiece cap
- 2 x synthetic reeds (strength 1½ and 2)
- Key plugs for beginners with small hands
- Introduction leaflet and fingering chart