From the Publisher
We do not know very much about Handel’s compositions on poems by Barthold Heinrich Brockes. We can only date their composition to approximately 1724–1727. The autograph does not shed any light on the titles nor the sequence of the works. It does not even give the instrumentation. Thus there are several alternatives for the solo instrument that imitates the vocal part – although violin, flute or oboe are the most likely. Our practical edition not only contains additional parts for the solo instrument and the bass but also a realization of the figured bass in the score by the editor Ullrich Scheideler.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Künft'ger Zeiten eitler Kummer E flat major HWV 202
- Das zitternde Glänzen der spielenden Wellen E flat major HWV 203
- Süßer Blumen Ambraflocken g minor HWV 204
- Süße Stille, sanfte Quelle F major HWV 205
- Singe, Seele, Gott zum Preise a minor HWV 206
- Meine Seele hört im Sehen B flat major HWV 207
- Die ihr aus dunklen Grüften B flat major HWV 208
- In den angenehmen Büschen d minor HWV 209
- Flammende Rose, Zierde der Erden A major HWV 210