From the Publisher
A selection of original Piano music by the master composers of the past four centuries, the New Classics To Moderns series provides the pianist with a repertoire which is enjoyable for the player and listener alike. Inspired by the popular series by Denes Agay, each of the six books in the New Classics To Moderns collection contains pieces by a wide range of composers, from the old masters to contemporary writers with works from recent decades. Students, teachers, indeed all pianists, will find the pieces in New Classics To Moderns a priceless source of study material, recital pieces, sight reading exercises — or just relaxing musical entertainment. This volume includes works by Debussy, Ravel, Lutoslawski, Tchaikovsky and Glasser, amongst others. In the European Piano Teachers Association Journal, Nadia Lasserson writes that this series is "[e]xcellent value for money, the books offer students of ever level a well-balanced musical diet covering over four hundred years of wonderful music as well as offering a wide range of sight-reading material to advanced students."
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- 2–Part Invention No.12 in A Major, BWV 783 [Bach, Johann Sebastian]
- A cheval (No.3 from Promenades) [Poulenc, Francis]
- Allegro (from Sonata in A Major) [Pergolesi, Giovanni Battista]
- Allegro (No.2 from Les Cinq Doigts) [Stravinsky, Igor]
- Andante Di Molto (from Sonata Op.5, No.2) [Bach, Johann Christian]
- Bagatela No.8 (from Once Bagatelas) [Halffter, Rodolfo]
- Chanson populaire (from Album For the Young)[Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich]
- Fantasia In B Minor [Telemann, Georg Philipp]
- Pavane Of The Sleeping Beauty (from Mother Goose) [Ravel, Maurice]
- Prélude No.10 (from Préludes, Book II)[Debussy, Claude]
- Rondo (from Piano Sonata in C Major, K.545) [Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus]
- The Grove (from Folk Melodies) [Lutoslawski, Witold]
- Trembling Leaves [Glasser, Stanley]