From the Publisher
“……. The purpose of this book is an introductory course to flute playing. For many years now I have used this method to introduce people of all ages to flute playing and now I would never start anyone in any other way. Over the years I have heard all of the arguments against it – but they have all proved unfounded. I would suggest you approach it with an open mind and discover the potential for yourself. The book is aimed at beginners and should last for an approximate 10 week period. It is not intended to be a “self-tutor” and it should be used with a teacher. Most of the material is very simple and although recorder players might find they can whizz through the tunes very quickly, I do find that it takes this amount of time to start to establish a good embouchure, hand positions and posture. The ten week period can of course be extended for younger children or slower learners…….” - Liz Goodwin
The Fife Book teaches embouchure technique, breath control and basic fingerings, on a plastic side-blown flute. The Fife Pack includes fife, The Fife Book, carry bag and stickers.
"Why start on the fife?"
- Get to grips with basic techniques without having to spend hundreds of pounds on a flute
- Perfect for small first-time flute players: small and light
- In many instances, more suitable to small beginners than a regular flute
- When the player moves on to a flute, they will have well-developed skills and will advance more quickly
- Easy to maintain: no breakable parts, no oiling, no servicing!
- Start playing well-known tunes straight away!