From the Publisher
James Galway introduces ten pieces by various master composers including Handel, Bach, Mendelssohn, Chopin and Rachmaninov. All tunes are arranged for solo flute with piano accompaniment, by Phillip Moll.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Handel Arrival of the Queen of Sheba
- Rachmaninoff Vocalise
- Bach Allegro from Sonata No.4 in C
- Mendelssohn Scherzo from A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Schumann Traumerei from Scenes From Childhood
- Gossec Tambourin
- Chopin Variations on a Theme by Rossini
- Kreisler Schon Rosmarin
- Dvorak Humoresque
- Briccialdi Carnival of Venice