Approved Exam Music
Recommended for the following exam grade(s):
From the Publisher
'A varied and imaginative collection of first concert pieces. Includes classical repertoire from Schubert to Stravinsky and Brahms to Bartók plus folk and traditional favourites.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- The Joker- Diabelli
- Song of the Volga Boatmen- Russian Trad.
- When the Saints- American Trad.
- Sunrise fom 100 Easy Studies for Piano op.139- Czerny
- Variations on Goe from My Window- Nicholas Hare
- Dialogue, No. 65 from Mikroksmos- Bartok
- Skye Boat Song- Scots Trad.
- Pomp and Circumstance, Theme from March No.4 - Elgar
- Massa's in the Cold, Cold Ground- Foster
- The Policeman's Song from The Pirates of Penzance- Sullivan
- Slovakian Folk Tune, No.33 from For Children- Bartok
- Ave Maris Stella from the 1610 Vespers- Monteverdi
- Ecossaises- Schubert
- March from Six Children's Pieces, No. 6- Shostakovich
- Shrove-Tide Fair Themes from Petrushka- Stravinsky
- Two Hungarian Folk Tunes, No.31 & 35 from For Children- Bartok
- Banana Rag- Nicholas Hare
- Two Rounds- Purcell
- Andante Grazioso from Piano Sonata No. 12 in A- W.A. Mozart
- One Hand, One Hear from West Side Story - Bernstein
- Tonight from West Side Story - Bernstein
- Love Song from Liebeslieder Waltzes, op.52- Brahms
- Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves from Nabucco- Verdi
- These Foolish Things- Strachey
- Colonel Bogey March- Alford
Bb Clarinet and Piano Accompaniment