London College of Music Piano Handbook 2018-2020 - Grade 2
Edited by David Duncan
From the Publisher
London College of Music's 2018-2020 Piano syllabus gives more choice to learners than ever before. With exam options to suit every individual and a wide selection of performable repertoire at each grade, LCM is committed to enabling everyone to learn and play the music they enjoy. Key features of the new syllabus include a wider range of musical genres and more pieces by living composers, alongside an ongoing commitment to core piano repertoire.
London College of Music handbooks contain all of the material that is needed to take an LCM exam in a single publication - a wide selection of pieces, all of the required technical work, and guidance and examples for the supporting tests.
London College of Music examinations are held in centres throughout the UK and overseas. A broad range of subjects is offered in music and in drama and communication, catering for candidates of all levels - from introductory examinations for beginners through graded exams to professional diplomas in performing, teaching, composition and research.
Difficulty level, roughly compared to ABRSM exam grades. 0 is beginner, 9 is advanced (beyond grade 8).
- Technical Work
- Scales, broken chords and arpeggios
- Christian Petzold: Minuet in G minor
- Francois Couperin: Fanfare
- Margery McHale: Courtly Dance
- Dmitry Kabalevsky: A Little Song
- Evelyn Glenni: The Lonely Traveller
- Louise Chamberlain: Watermark
- Mike Schoenmehl: The Somersault King
- Pam Wedgwood: Homework Blues
- Anne Crosby Gaudet: Celebration
- Sight reading
- Aural tests