From the Publisher
The small Preludes and Fugues, as they are not unjustly entitled, reveal with their various differences of quality and origin the didactic side of Bach. Both the early works, i. e. Bach's own studies, and also the later compositional models and individual pieces written ad hoc for purposes of instruction (including, as documents of this teaching, the "student works") point the real way to Bach's great works.
Includes the famous ornamentation table (Explication) from the Klavierbüchlein für Wilhelm Friedemann Bach in which Bach explains the performance of the most common ornaments.
- Kleine Präludien BWV 924, 926, 927, 930, 928, 925
- Sechs kleine Präludien BWV 939 - 943, 999
- Sechs kleine Präludien BWV 933 - 38
- Fuge in C-Dur BWV 953
- Fuge in C-Dur BWV 952
- Fughetta c-Moll BWV 961
- Präludium G-Dur BWV 902
- Präludium G-Dur BWV 902a
- Fughetta G-Dur BWV 902
- Präludium und Fughetta d-Moll BWV 899
- Präludium und Fuge e-Moll BWV 900
- Präludium und Fuge a-Moll BWV 895