Let's Speak Jazz! A Conversational Approach to Jazz Improvisation [Bb and Eb saxophone]
From the Publisher
In this English workbook, saxophonists will find everything they want to know about sound, technique and improvisation. Drawing upon his many years of experience in the education and training of up-and-coming musicians, Martin Jacobsen provides a motivating introduction to the fascinating world of jazz improvisation for moderately advanced saxophonists.
- Some Thoughts on Saxophone Teaching
- What is Jazz Improvisation?
- Chapter 1 Tone
- Chapter 2 Articulation
- Chapter 3 Rhythm and Time
- Chapter 4 Feeling and Color
- Chapter 5 Scales and Patterns
- Chapter 6 Vocabulary
- Chapter 7 Practice
- Chapter 8 Listen and Transcribe
- Chapter 9 Performance
- Appendix: Further Study (Jazz Methods, Etudes and Technique for the Saxophone): An Essential Discography; Knowledge and History; Circle of Fifth; Diatonic Scales
- About the Author